Unanswered: Report Query for day of week

Im using the following expression in the control source of a text box on a report to count the number of entries in the database

=DCount("Nights","HaemDailyRota1"," [HaemDailyRota1]![Date1] Between Forms![SelectReportDates]![frD] And Forms![SelectReportDates]![toD] And [HaemDailyRota1]![Nights] = [bmsName]")

This works fine for what it does, but it would be usefull if I could select a particular day of the week for example only count the entries that are on mondays, could I modify this expression just to pick out ones on mondays?

Thanks

Provided Answers: 14
    Use the DatePart() function and add a condition to the WHERE clause:
    Code:
    AND DatePart("w", [HaemDailyRota1]![Date1], vbMonday) = 1
    Have a nice day!

Not sure if I understood you right, but this is what I came up with, but I just get syntax error.

=DCount("SunNight","HaemDailyRota1"," [HaemDailyRota1]![Date1] Between Forms![SelectReportDates]![frD] And Forms![SelectReportDates]![toD] And [HaemDailyRota1]![SunNight] = [bmsName] And DatePart("w", [HaemDailyRota1]![Date1], vbMonday) = 1")

Thanks

The constant vbMonday is not recognized in the criteria. It should be (notice the single quotes: 'w'):
    Code:
    =Debug.Print DCount("SunNight", "HaemDailyRota1", _
                       "(HaemDailyRota1.Date1 Between [Forms]![SelectReportDates]![frD] And [Forms]![SelectReportDates]![toD]) AND (DatePart('w',[HaemDailyRota1]![Date1]," & vbMonday & ")=1)")
    However you can also use the numeric value of vbMonday (2), which makes the expression more readable:
    Code:
    =DCount("SunNight", "HaemDailyRota1", _
                       "(HaemDailyRota1.Date1 Between [Forms]![SelectReportDates]![frD] And [Forms]![SelectReportDates]![toD]) AND (DatePart('w',[HaemDailyRota1]![Date1], 2)=1)")
    Have a nice day!

Hi thanks for the examples, you missed out the critereia "And ([HaemDailyRota1]![Nights] = [bmsName])" but I got it working as below.

=DCount("Nights","HaemDailyRota1","(HaemDailyRota1 .Date1 Between [Forms]![SelectReportDates]![frD] And [Forms]![SelectReportDates]![toD]) And ([HaemDailyRota1]![Nights] = [bmsName]) AND (DatePart('w',[HaemDailyRota1]![Date1], 2)=1)")

Would it be possible to search for three different dates in the same expression? ie count the ones on monday tuesday or wednesay but not the other? rather than focus on just one day?

Thanks

Use:
    Code:
    "DatePart('w',[HaemDailyRota1]![Date1]," & vbMonday & ") IN (1, 2, 3)")
    Have a nice day!