Unanswered: sql to express force replication

Running standard sql server 2005 with 2005 express on a bunch of laptops, have merge replication and would like to schedule the replication but also have a way that replication can be started manually from the laptops. would there happen to be a command line or a way to force replication? thanks!

Provided Answers: 54
    Replication is controlled by a SQL Agent Job. Use sp_start_job to make the fun begin at will!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Post SQL express replication

hello
    HTML Code:
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Replication is the process of sharing data between databases in different locations. Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (SQL Server Express) uses a publishing industry model to represent the processes in replication architecture. These include Publisher, Distributor, Subscribers, publications, articles, and subscriptions.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    Replication for SQL Server Express originates with a publication created in SQL Server 2005. The computer that is running SQL Server 2005 is the Publisher. The computer that is running SQL Server Express can be a Subscriber and receive data from that SQL Server database. SQL Server Express functions only as a Subscriber.
    The current alternative to SQL Agent for scheduling replication in SQL Express is the Windows Synchronization Manager. You can learn more topic "Replicating data to SQL Express"
    HTML Code:
     [COLOR="Blue"]located at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms151819.aspx[/COLOR].
    and
    HTML Code:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms165700(SQL.90).aspx

Thanks for the help! I guess I'm just going to set it to replicate every 5 mins. for the laptops and 15 for the desktops, but someday I'll get the hang of linked servers, thanks again!