Unanswered: Index Cluster Ratio doens't improve after ReOrg Table/Index

Hi, all

The db2 mornitoring tools indicates there are several tables and indexs need to be reorg, especially indexes. I ran reorg on the tables and indexes and runstat after that. However the cluster ratio is't changed from Indexes. Any advise would be appreciated!!

Provided Answers: 5
    You have more than one index and the table is clustered on one of those. The other indexes cannot be clustered like the other index. You cannot prevent this.

Andy

Follow up the post

HI, Andy
    Thank you for your post. Understood! Just wondering I was referrring table(s) where only one index is defined. I was reorg the table with the index then update statistics...but it does change nothing..
    Thanks.

Is this index a clustering index? I suspect it's not. If not and you want data in the table to be ordered by this index, specify INDEX option on the reorg table command.

Online vs. Offline

Thank you for all. I will check the option if I can reorg tables clustering using index then see if it makes any change of ratio.
    Just one follow up questions.....any different result if I reorg online vs. offline?
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    any different result if I reorg online vs. offline?
    Quite!!

Reorg - Inplace vs Offline
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

~~

Super! Thank you all.