Unanswered: Remove table space or container

Dear All,
    I am new in DB2, so this is first time for me to handle DB2.
    I have problem related to Table Spaces.
    Suddenly my company application error : " Unable to allocate new pages in table space "TRAN" ".
    I found article to solve this problem by increase the size of table space, and it works.

1. I want to know how to delete the table space and create from the beginning ? Because i my disk drive almost running out of space ? is it possible ?
    2. if cannot remove the table space, is it possible to delete the old container and create new one ?
    I see many tables in "show related object" and indexes. If delete table space or container, what will happen to application ?
    Is there any safer way to delete table space or container ?

Thanks,

Provided Answers: 11
    so first thing todo is to find the doc
    ALTER TABLESPACE
    drop tablespace will also drop objects if allowed
    alter tablespace - resize is possible - if space is available or use autoresize
    you can add a container on a different filesystem - try to have similar size with existing and use rebalance if allowed
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

can i remove the old one ?

when i want to add new container and use re balance, what actually happen to table space ? Can i remove the old container ? so there is only one new container with different file system.

Thanks,

Provided Answers: 11
    rebalance indicates - the both containers will be filled equaly
    if you want to remove the old container
    add large container (no rebalance) - delete old container : this will move all data from old to new container (can take some time if many pages)
    or
    export all tables from old tablespace - drop tablespace/tables - create ts with new container/tables - reload data
    have a look at the doc - this is all explained in detail....
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by przytula_guy View Post
    export all tables from old tablespace - drop tablespace/tables - create ts with new container/tables - reload data
    Another alternative could be a redirected restore.