Unanswered: Moving Binary Data from MySQL to MSSQL

Hi all

I am new to the forums and appreciate the help in advance. I was hoping someone could help me with a process or SQL query to help me move binary data from a MySQL server to a MSSQL server. I have used the select * into outfile 'filename' process in MySQL to export data but am not sure how to get it into MSSQL or if that is the correct process.

Any insight and help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Wes

Provided Answers: 54
    If you want to migrate a MySQL database to Microsoft SQL Server, then you need Free Microsoft SQL Server Database Migration Assistant to help with that process.

If all you really need is to be able to query the MySQL data from Microsoft SQL Server, then Linking Servers is the place to start.

If those don't help, please give some more insight so that someone can give you a more specific or appropriate answer.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Hey Pat --

Thanks for the reply. I added the MySQL instance as a linked server and was able to do an insert into and a select statement to move the data from the linked instance to the MSSQL system. Thanks so much for the assistance.

Wes