Unanswered: Next Referenced Field Displayed on Report

Hello,

I realize that I've overlooked something in trying to get this to work so I've resorted to asking for some help. Please be kind and remember that everyone is a newbie at some point.

Thanks.

I have 2 tables. Table 1 is a reference table that displays a list of drugs and their side effects and uses. Table 2 is a Patient table that is fed from a form that contains patient name, allergies, med1 (control source from Table1), med2 (control source form Table1) and so on with the different meds they are discharged on.

I have created a report that will include the patient demographics and the names of the meds (med1, med2, etc.) from Table 2 as well as the med specific data from Table 1 (side effects and uses). The problem is that I'm only receiving the the side effect and uses data for med1.

How do I get the report to display the correct med# form Table 2 with the related med info from Table 1?

Thanks.
    Last edited by jsolodky; 09-30-11 at 16:58. Reason: spelling

Provided Answers: 14
    How is the query extracting data from both tables formulated (SQL statement)?
    Have a nice day!

There is no query, just a Report. There is a relationship to the med field in Table 1 to the various med1, med2, etc. fields in Table 2

Provided Answers: 14
    This is not enough. You need a query to link both tables and extract the data from them. You then use this query as the RecordSource property of the report.
    Have a nice day!