Title: Java Developer
Position Id: TSS-001337
Duration: 6 Months +
Location: Raleigh NC
Client: The North Carolina Industrial Commission
· Minimum of three (3) years’ experience supporting web and desktop applications, Windows desktop environments and basic network support
· Experience with Java (6) application deployment and support, Oracle (10G or higher), Red Hat Linux, Apache Tomcat, Windows XP/Windows 7 and Active Directory environments.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Independent; self-starter having proven experience working successfully in a team environment
· Experience with BMC Remedy Action Request System, Rightfax, Opentext, FileMaker Pro
Architect II (Solutions) Career opportunity with PNC Bank in Pittsburgh PA, Cleveland
Professional growth, diversity, work-life balance and recognition- you’ll find all of that and more in a career at PNC. PNC encourages employees to grow professionally, rewards and recognizes achievement, and supports social contribution to communities. You can expect to find well-defined career paths that help you move through the company. You can expect training and mentoring options, career counseling services, employee resource groups, and a number of recognition programs. PNC is an outstanding employer and has won numerous awards and recognition over the years including Bank of the Year in the U.S. (The Banker magazine - 2010), Most Admired Companies (Fortune magazine - 2011), Top 50 Technology Innovators (InformationWeek magazine – 2011),and is currently ranked No. 123 on the Fortune 500 list.
As an Architect II and a member of PNC's highly lauded Information Technology Division of more than 2,500 professionals, you will contribute significantly to PNC maintaining its high standards in innovative technology. Recognized by CIO magazine as one of the top 100 companies that demonstrate technology excellence, PNC is recruiting seasoned and talented candidates for this position who will design and implement system, application, infrastructure, and/or enterprise architecture and associated standards. You will also work closely with developers to ensure that all technology initiatives are implemented within the existing or planned framework for each project.
Drawing upon your experience and expertise, you will analyze business requirements in order to identify application "patterns" that will help drive the application software design and infrastructure design, and you will lead risk-management planning by identifying technical areas of risk due to uncertainty and skill and technology gaps. This position brings you to the forefront of leadership and driving overall business value by encouraging you to recommend solutions and designs that leverage PNC architecture best practices and standard re-usable Business Accelerator technologies, shared services, and infrastructure, while also identifying ways to improve existing enterprise assets and business applications.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Provides technical leadership in the requirements analysis, design, and construction of shared software assets and business solutions. Also provides leadership to technical teams to ensure functional and non-functional requirements of shared software assets and/or business application solutions are delivered.
· Identifies technical areas of risk due to uncertainty, skill gaps, technology gaps, etc. as well as enhancement/improvement opportunities. Effectively leads the risk mitigation planning & enhancement/opportunity planning for these identified areas. Includes roadmaps, capacity growth analysis, etc.
· Creates solution recommendations and solution designs which leverage PNC architecture best practices, standard re-usable Business Accelerators & infrastructure where appropriate, and delivers business value while balancing cost and benefits of technology choices. Ensures, via collaboration with project & business teams, there is a good understanding of shared asset capabilities, development process, and continuous improvement feedback is in place.
· Drives identification & implementation of improvement opportunities in business applications and enterprise assets. Ensures alignment and feedback loop among application teams, business teams, shared software asset engineering team, and enterprise architecture teams as appropriate. Participates in enterprise governance and enterprise initiatives.
· Bachelor’s degree in IT related field or equivalent, 4-5+ years of application development experience, with 5-7+ years of Architecture experience. Extensive understanding of IT and an experience in multiple large complex systems with an ability to apply that knowledge at a strategic level influencing technology solutions that match LOB goals and objectives.
· Strong communication skills in order to effectively communicate with and make strategic recommendations to Sr. and Executive Mgmt as well as all levels of internal/external service partners. Proven team building, relationship management, negotiation, and influencing skills.
· Technical experience with Oracle, Unix and J2EE Architecture is required. Mainframe experience is a plus.
PNC is committed to offering you a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. We design our full-time and part-time benefits programs based on PNC's benefits philosophy to provide quality levels of coverage at affordable costs over the long term for both employees and PNC. We strive to balance the cost of providing competitive benefits with the need to cover employees with a wide range of protection during and after employment.
Options you may be able to consider include:
Medical and Dental Coverage
Part Time Benefits
401(k) and Pension Plan
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
If you would like to learn more about this position or other career opportunities at PNC, please contact me at 412-768-3005 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Any response to this message is greatly appreciated. You never know what you can achieve tomorrow by networking today. Please also feel free to forward my contact information to anyone that may be qualified for this position.
PNC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -- M/F/D/V/SO
Officer | Senior Technical Recruiter