I came across a position I thought would interest you. Please take a moment to review this opportunity and let me know if you would like to learn more. Please send me your resume with following information asap at email@example.com and call me at 703-464-6669
Position SQL Server DBA
Location: Ashburn VA
US Citizen or Green Card holder or EAD
Database Administrator - Operations
We are seeking an experienced database administrator to work out of our Ashburn office. The candidate selected for this position will be in charge of a complex network of database servers required to run a 24x7x365 enterprise.
• Work with the product development team to refine new products for proper database scalability and reliability in deployment
• Design and document current database and database cluster architecture
• Architect upgrade of current database clusters to a higher reliability new technology platform
• Build database schemas, tables, procedures and permissions
• Set up data sharing and disk partitioning
• Develop database utilities and automated reporting
• Create shell scripts for task automation
• Create, test and execute data management languages
• Monitor systems and platforms for availability and performance, tune and tweak for improved performance
• Oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover
• Restore and recover corrupted databases
• Install and test upgrades and patches
• Implement security and encryption
• Provide 24/7 support as required for critical problem resolution
• Evaluate and recommend new database technologies
• Will be overhauling database(From Remediation, to Consolidation, ultimately to Optimization)
• Experience working with a large database (WB is 600-700 servers)
• 6+ years of progressive, high reliability database operations experience
• Microsoft certification (MCDBA, MCTS : SQL, MCSA, MCITP, MCM : SQL, MCA or other certification relevant to this job description)
• SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 experience required. MySQL experience beneficial.
• Expertise with setup, administration. and optimization of SQL Server clustering and replication.
• Comprehensive Windows Server operating system administration skills.
• Experience with Linux required
• Ability to interact with clients in a professional, articulate manner
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Proven ability to work with developers, testers, and other ops engineers through the product lifecycle
• Able to learn and adapt to new technologies through self-directed training