Dear Garry,

I came across a position I thought would interest you. Please take a moment to review this opportunity and let me know if you would like to learn more. Please send me your resume with following information asap at mrazaque@kforce.com and call me at 703-464-6669

Position SQL Server DBA

Direct Hire
US Citizen or Green Card holder or EAD

Database Administrator - Operations
We are seeking an experienced database administrator to work out of our Ashburn office. The candidate selected for this position will be in charge of a complex network of database servers required to run a 24x7x365 enterprise.

Responsibilities include:
Work with the product development team to refine new products for proper database scalability and reliability in deployment
Design and document current database and database cluster architecture
Architect upgrade of current database clusters to a higher reliability new technology platform
Build database schemas, tables, procedures and permissions
Set up data sharing and disk partitioning
Develop database utilities and automated reporting
Create shell scripts for task automation
Create, test and execute data management languages
Monitor systems and platforms for availability and performance, tune and tweak for improved performance
Oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover
Restore and recover corrupted databases
Install and test upgrades and patches
Implement security and encryption
Provide 24/7 support as required for critical problem resolution
Evaluate and recommend new database technologies
Will be overhauling database(From Remediation, to Consolidation, ultimately to Optimization)
Experience working with a large database (WB is 600-700 servers)
?
Qualifications:
6+ years of progressive, high reliability database operations experience
Microsoft certification (MCDBA, MCTS : SQL, MCSA, MCITP, MCM : SQL, MCA or other certification relevant to this job description)
SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 experience required. MySQL experience beneficial.
Expertise with setup, administration. and optimization of SQL Server clustering and replication.
Comprehensive Windows Server operating system administration skills.
Experience with Linux required
Ability to interact with clients in a professional, articulate manner
Strong written and verbal communications skills
Proven ability to work with developers, testers, and other ops engineers through the product lifecycle
Able to learn and adapt to new technologies through self-directed training

Mansoor Razaque
Talent Director