I got following error for my RSSD database saying log space is not available. Later it went to offline state and not coming online.
06:00000:00138:2011/10/03 08:25:42.22 server Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'REP_sms6902_RSSD' because 'logsegment' segment is full/has no free extents. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE to increase the size of the segment.
Since RSSD database is not online replication server is having trouble in coming up and shutting down.
I have got an old rssd backup. Is it possible to load it by just stopping repserver and then bring it up?
RSSSD load is possible, with following steps
1. Stop all RA on primary server
2. Take full dump of the databases being replicated on primary
3. Load that on target
4. Load the RSSD old backup to RSSD
5. Start the replication server, connect to it and Purge the queues on replication server
6. Start the replication by starting and enabling RAs
PS : All the changes in replication server after last full backup of RSSD will be lost.