Exclamation Unanswered: Making a event procedure to open form and search for record, search box problems

I have made a VB seach box for a form that I am working on to search the last name when I click the Button:

Private Sub Command3_Click()

DoCmd.OpenForm "Owner data Screen", acNormal, , "LNAME = " & LNAME

End Sub

The problem is that I get when my parameter box comes up is that the It shows the Name of the first person listed instead of "Enter Last Name" like I want it to say. If you could help me out you are awesome.

I am using Access 2007 Event procedure to write this, If it is better to set up a macro I would if I could get some direction on that. I just figured it would be better to write the code.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dialog Box Problem.png  
    Last edited by GallantDon; 10-05-11 at 08:28. Reason: user information

Provided Answers: 59
    probably best to ask this in the MS Access forum, instead of the VB forum. although closely related the visual basic in MS Office products VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) is not the same as Visual Basic or Visual Basic.NET
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thank you, I am brand new to using a forum so thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    probably best to ask this in the MS Access forum, instead of the VB forum. although closely related the visual basic in MS Office products VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) is not the same as Visual Basic or Visual Basic.NET
    Isn't this the MS Access Forum though? My track shows:

dBforums > PC based Database Applications > Microsoft Access > Making a event procedure to open form and search for record, search box problems

Is there a different track to get to MS Access?