Unanswered: How to make db2 instance highly available with majority node cluster?

Hello,

Plz, i need a clear documentation help me on that issue.

If I want to make a highly available db2 instance depends on windows 2003 server cluster without shared disk , how can i configure DB2 to be high available?

I already create windows server cluster using Majority Node Set Quorum (because i read that majority node needn't shared), i want to know how to configure DB2 instance to be highly available without shared disk ..

My hardware has no shared disk between nodes but i try to share folder between nodes and put db2 instance profile on it , but i can't add that folder as a resource in cluster to give the cluster the ability to manage instance .

Waiting help urgently plz .. Thanks in advance

I would look at HADR. It does not require shared disk. You can read about it in the DB2 documenation.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Does that mean that i can't create DB2 cluster without shared ?

So if i need a highly available instance without shared, i hadn't any option else
    only HADR..

So i can't create a highly available instance using DB2 cluster or even using OS cluster without shared.

But i read that windows server cluster with Majority Node needn't shared, then i thought that i can implement a highly available DB2 instance on that cluster also without shared..

I'm sorry for disturbance but i need more documentation help me in that issue.

Your help appreciated

I don't know what "windows server cluster with Majority Node" means. I know of no way to have a high availability cluster without shared disk unless you have HADR (or some other kind of replication of data to a standby).
    M. A. Feldman

"Windows Server Cluster with Majority Node"

as i read that a majority node set is a single quorum resource, however, the data is actually stored on multiple disks across the cluster. Each cluster node stores the configuration on a local disk it can have access to when it starts up.

What Is a Majority Node Set? (Server Clusters: Majority Node Set Quorum)

any way thank you for help

From the link you provided, it says:

"The cluster service ensures that the cluster configuration data stored on the majority node set is kept consistent across each cluster node."
    I know very little about Windows clustering, but this appears to be the cluster configuration data only. It says nothing about any database or other data on the servers that must be kept in synch, either with shared disk, or some kind of database replication.
    M. A. Feldman

Did you mean that the Majority Node quorum won't help me to create highly available db2 instance.

umm, so i need more information about that to know exactly can i do that or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior DBA View Post
    Did you mean that the Majority Node quorum won't help me to create highly available db2 instance.

umm, so i need more information about that to know exactly can i do that or not.
    You can use it for the cluster configuration data, but you still have to have something different for the database so both servers can access it (shared disk or HADR/replication).

I don't understand why you think "cluster configuration data" is the same as your DB2 data.
    M. A. Feldman

Really, you save my time.

I don't know why i thought that !!

I'm sorry for disturbance ..

Thank you very much ..