Unanswered: Brilliant database help please

Hi guys,

as there is literally no support from brilliant after i sent countless emails, i found this forum and hope someone can help. I have two problems and i guess for you guys it may be simple. I have attached two pictures that will display the two issues i have or problems i cant figure out.

1. When using the date difference date function which is to get in my case the number of days between two days selected in two separate fields i encounter a problem. If neither of the dates are selected in the fields a number '4082' would appear in the field where the number of days are to show. When i select the dates it will show up the number as it should. but i would like this number to not show when the dates are not selected. In the image i attached i am using the current date and a date in a field as you will see with the lines. Can anyone help me please.

2. In image number 2 you will see in the 'current chargeable days' field there is a number 9 which is created by a date difference date function also using the current system date and the 'date arrived at port' field. However i would like when i input a date in 'date returned to port' field for that number 9 to disappear(the box to go blank).

I am willing to send a copy of the database for anyone who can assist me so just send an email and i will forward the same email i sent to brilliant database support....THANKS GUYS! REALLY HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME AS I HAVE BEEN SPENDING WEEKS TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image 1. DATE DIFFERENCE FUNCTION (4082 NUMBER SHOWING WHEN DATES NOT SELECTED).jpg   image 2. AFTER ENTERING DATE, I WOULD LIKE A FIELD TO GO BLANK.jpg  

Please send your database to asokram@rediffmail.com. I will try to help you.

hey

sent dabase for you!

Hi

Reply has been sent to you.

I think I have what you're looking for

Quote Originally Posted by inx View Post
    Hi guys,

as there is literally no support from brilliant after i sent countless emails, i found this forum and hope someone can help. I have two problems and i guess for you guys it may be simple. I have attached two pictures that will display the two issues i have or problems i cant figure out.

1. When using the date difference date function which is to get in my case the number of days between two days selected in two separate fields i encounter a problem. If neither of the dates are selected in the fields a number '4082' would appear in the field where the number of days are to show. When i select the dates it will show up the number as it should. but i would like this number to not show when the dates are not selected. In the image i attached i am using the current date and a date in a field as you will see with the lines. Can anyone help me please.

2. In image number 2 you will see in the 'current chargeable days' field there is a number 9 which is created by a date difference date function also using the current system date and the 'date arrived at port' field. However i would like when i input a date in 'date returned to port' field for that number 9 to disappear(the box to go blank).

I am willing to send a copy of the database for anyone who can assist me so just send an email and i will forward the same email i sent to brilliant database support....THANKS GUYS! REALLY HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME AS I HAVE BEEN SPENDING WEEKS TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT.
    Check out the attachments, hope it solves your problem......
    you need to rename fields to suit your applic.
    If this fixes your problem or even if it does'n let me know via email
    george@singsteel.com.sg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails date_in_port Exec on Edit.jpg   returned_date Exec on Edit.jpg   Field Names.jpg   this - numerical field.jpg   Fields_3.jpg  

It could be a solution to your problem......?!

Hi, have posted code already, if you want me to send it by email then
    reply to george@singsteel.com.sg