I'm taking a Database class at my community college where I'm working on my associates in Computer Technology. Due to low enrollment, the database class for the fall was moved from on-campus to online. I've taken most of my classes online anyway, but specifically signed up for this one on campus because I knew it would be tough, and I knew I would benefit much more from being in class. That didn't work out though.

Our textbook is very small (only 180 pages). We are following one specific scenario at the end of each chapter and I was hoping someone with experience could look at my Visio layout and tell me if I'm on the right track.

The book recommends using SQL Server Express, but we are using Access. The book does have an Appendix that explains how to do the projects in Access, so if I can get some help in ensuring that this part of my project is correct and properly normalized (the book only discusses the first three normal forms, which are covered in the next chapter), I think I will be OK.

The instructor said the layout could be done in Powerpoint since most do not have Visio, but I downloaded the trial because I would like to learn it. With all that said, the project revolves around a man named Vince who owns a vinyl record shop. He has kept poor records and doesn't know if he is making or losing money. He wants to track his inventory and know the value of his collection. He would also like to be able to track his suppliers and be able to take special requests from his customers.

I would be very appreciative if someone could take a look at my design and see if I am doing this correctly. The instructor is going to give me a 100 just for the effort, but when it comes time to input this into Access, I want to make sure it's correct.

I tried to upload the .pdf printout here:
Index of /chriskidd