Unanswered: Sql server User permisssion

hi all,

i m working on sql server user permission i hv created sql server authentication user i need this user as read only can do

1)only execute procedure but not able to view procedure text
    2)can only select,insert,update delete from tables but not able to view table design

what permission should i give for this user?

thx

Hello,

Check out the link below..

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&sou...hWl97w&cad=rja

Hello ,i will take first part only of your question

Stored Procedure Execution

Stored procedures take advantage of ownership chaining to provide access to data so that users do not need to have explicit permission to access database objects. An ownership chain exists when objects that access each other sequentially are owned by the same user. For example, a stored procedure can call other stored procedures, or a stored procedure can access multiple tables. If all objects in the chain of execution have the same owner, then SQL Server only checks the EXECUTE permission for the caller, not the caller's permissions on other objects. Therefore you need to grant only EXECUTE permissions on stored procedures; you can revoke or deny all permissions on the underlying tables.
    So is it useful for you?

Provided Answers: 11
    You are probably going to end up grant execute as Paul mentions, but denying VIEW DEFINITION on these objects. Some testing will have to be done to make sure that works, though.

Hello ,Regarding to second part of your question

So, you could GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON DATABASE::<database name> TO <principal>. Which is exactly equivalent to adding them to db_datareader and db_datawriter. However, it has the added flexibility of allowing you to do things like granting the ability to insert and update, without also giving them delete authority.
    So, you could GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON DATABASE::<database name> TO <principal>. Which is exactly equivalent to adding them to db_datareader and db_datawriter. However, it has the added flexibility of allowing you to do things like granting the ability to insert and update, without also giving them delete authority.
    For more details you can see
    Grant SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE on all table

2)can only select,insert,update delete from tables but not able to view table design

Yon need to deny View defination permission on Table