Unanswered: Multiplying two fields in a form from different tables

Im new to access so I would appreciate if somene can explain me in detail.
    I have two tables 'LabIssue' and 'Store'.
    I created a form for 'LabIssue' in which data will be entered. In the form I want to calculate the 'ChemicalAmount' by multiplying 'Store.Costperunit' with the 'QuantityIssued' which will be entered by the user. ChemicalAmount and QuantityIssued will be stored in 'LabIssue' table. I tried it through the expression builder but im getting #Name? error, did alot of things but couldnt figured out whats the problem.
    Thankyou

Provided Answers: 14
    If Store.Costperunit is part of the rowset of the form (i.e. if the RecordSource property of the form is based on a query that includes both tables LabIssue and Store, you can use:
    Code:
    Me!ChemicalAmount = Me!Costperunit * Me.QuantityIssued.Value
    If Costperunit is not available among the fields in the RecordSet of the form, you have to retrieve it first, using the DLookup function for instance. Something like:
    Code:
    strCriteria = "ChemicalID=" & Me.ChemicalID.Value
    Me!ChemicalAmount = DLookup("Costperunit", "Store", strCriteria) * Me.QuantityIssued.Value
    Have a nice day!

i tried to run the second case but failed i think it is because 'Costperunit' is a column of store table and the form in which transaction will take place is based on 'LabIssue' table...so do i have to link store.costperunit with the LabIssue table.
    please can you tell me in detail how to do this? I am stuck in this...i dont know how to use Dlookup. Help!
    Thankyou

In this statement:
    Code:
    Me!ChemicalAmount = DLookup("Costperunit", "Store", strCriteria) * Me.QuantityIssued.Value
    the DLookUp expression can be read as "retrieve the value of the column Costperunit from the table Store for one row matching the criteria".

If Costperunit is the name of a column of the table Store (i.e. if the expression Store.Costperunit is valid) and the whole statement "failed" (you do not specify what happened, which would be the most useful piece of information), it probably means that there is something wrong with the criteria.
    Have a nice day!

Here is the initial database, i will be highly grateful if you can have a look and figure out what is the problem?
    Thankyou
    Attached Files Attached Files

No code can work as there is no code at all in your database.

Anyway, you do not need to use a DLookUp function to retrieve the value of Store.Costperunit as it is already present in the fourth column of the combobox named Combo297.

Open the module of the form LabIssue and paste this code into it then compile and save:
    Code:
    Option Compare Database
    Option Explicit

Private Sub Combo297_AfterUpdate()

Me!ChemicalAmount = Me.Combo297.Column(3) * Me.QuantityIssued.Value

End Sub
    Also, I don't understand what you try to achieve when placing:
    Code:
    =[Costperunit]*[QuantityIssued]
    in the AfterUpdate property of the textbox Text303.

Generally speaking, it would be advisable to rename the objects of the form and give meaningful names to them : It's hard to debug and maintain a database where the objects have names such as Combo297 (could be: Combo_Store) or Text303 (could be: Text_Qty_Issued).
    Have a nice day!