Unanswered: Query Data as at certain date

Hi,

I have a database that stores employees' records in a company. I have one form that records the department they belong to and another form that records the designation they hold.

I would like to run a report using a form [fmQueryStaffListing], such that if I key in a specific date (e.g. 15/10/11), the query will return the department and designation they are in on that date.

Eg for Employee A:

Department Form
    Date Effective Department
    1/1/11 Department 1
    1/5/11 Department 2

Designation Form
    Date Effective Designation
    1/1/11 Designation 1
    1/10/11 Designation 2

If I query 1/6/11, the result I want to get is:
    Employee A Department 2 Designation 1

Don't know if I'm clear enough but would really appreciate if anyone can give me an idea how I can accomplish this.

Provided Answers: 19
    Which Forms these Controls reside on really aren't germane to a question such as this; the question is, in which Tables/Queries are they found in!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Here's my database.

I have a table [tblMAIN] that captures most of the employees' particulars. Then I have a table [tblEMPLOYMENT_JobAssignment] where details of the employees' designation are kept and another table [tblEMPLOYMENT_OrgUnit] where details of the employees' departments are kept.

So what I want to do is to run a query so that if I key in a specific date (e.g. 15/10/11), the query will return the department and designation they are in on that date. Is that possible?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can anyone shed some light here?

Nobody has any answers???