Thread: Navicat Review

Question Navicat Review

Has anyone ever used Navicat database administration tool? I came across the site and it has support for SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, & Oracle. Has anyone ever used this product and or have any comments / suggestions? I like it because it's a nice front end administration tool that supports all commonly used database engines and has a lot of nice features in one easy package. Not sure if it will convert data from MySQL to PostgreSQL which is what I'm really looking for but I decided to ask here and see if anyone has ever dealt with this software.

Thanks!

Navicat monitors your servers. It tells you which are up, down, or sideways. I've never seen it do squat with data management or ETL. Version 10 just released and it allegedly has many new features which might include the features that you are trying to find.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Thanks. Their sales team is near impossible to contact considering the companies based in Hong Kong. Is there another database administration GUI you can suggest / recommend? I'm not sure what else is available beyond Navicat but I'll keep searching as well in the meantime.