Unanswered: 2003 Queries within Windows 7

In our office, 8 people all run the same Access database. All but one are on XP machines. The one on Windows 7 is the problem.

Queries running on this machine take upto 1 minute to perform whereas on all other machines, it is 2 - 3 secs.

Any ideas?

Surely it can't be the Access program as it works fine on XP?

Provided Answers: 19
    Obviously the W7 machine is the newest box involved here, my questions would be

1. What version of Access are you running? Is it v2003, like the others, or are you running the 2003 app under 2007 or 2010?
    2. If running under 2003, are the service packs the same as on the other machines?
    3. If running under 2007/2010, what service packs are installed?

Lastly, when apps run fine on one machine and not on another or run fine in one version and not when run under a newer version, the first thing you have to think about are missing references. This doesn't sound like a typical missing reference problem, but missing references can cause all kinds of strange, odd and curious things to occur.

If you haven't checked for missing references before, here are Doug Steele's detailed instructions on how to troubleshoot the problem:

Access Reference Problems

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

It is a 2000 application running on Access 2003. None of us have service packs installed.

I have looked for missing references but not found any.

Just had another W7 machine delivered and tried that with our database and that runs very slowly as well.

Provided Answers: 19
    Is this app split into a Front End (placed on each users PC with everything included except the Tables) and a Back End (located on a shared drive with Tables only) as it has to be for a Multi-User Database?

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

The tables are in a seperate database on the server. Each user has their own database (also on the server) which links to the tables database.

I have now tried a different database written by someone else on machines running xp and w7. The same thing happens. A query took 4 secs on the xp machine and 45 secs on the w7 machine.

Provided Answers: 14
    It's not the first time I hear about that problem, though I never experienced it myself. Unfortunately I have not yet heard about a solution.

However there must be a solution: I have several Acc2003 based applications installed on machines running Windows 7 and they work normally.
    Have a nice day!