Unanswered: Searching using forms

Good Morning and thanks for taking the time to read this.

I apologise for my lack of knowledge in access. I have become the "resident expert" in access at my work and my knowledge, to say the least, is minimal.

I have two primary tables. One table (Client_master) has all my client's data (Primary key is Client_ID), which is actually an import from another database, and the other table (Client_Dates) will be tracking some dates for the client (Primary Key is Client_ID).

What I want to happen is, on a form, when my users type in a client ID into the field, access will look through the tables, if it finds the ID, will auto populate the information. If it doesn't find a client ID, it will go to a new record.

All I have is a query written that populates the data when the Client_ID's match. I have tried other ideas, but none of them have turned out. I need guideance on the best way to proceed.

A side note. The Client_Dates table is the only table that will have information placed into it. I am using Client_Master for the sole purpose of auto-populating data. This table will be imported into the database each day.

Once again appreciate any help that is given.
    Thanks!

Provided Answers: 14

Thanks for the links I'll take a look at those

Provided Answers: 14
    You're welcome!
    Have a nice day!