Thread: DMS file system

Unanswered: DMS file system

Hi, all
    I got a strange file system usage from DMS file system. One of tablesapces (DMS) says it uses 18G already and it continues to increase the size (about 500M) every day....but when I look each tables on the table space, there are no tables took that much of file systems or size.....Any idea?
    Thank you for your help!!!

Hmmm,
    Fragmentation? Have you checked, if your tables need reorgs?

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    when I look each tables on the table space, there are no tables took that much of file systems or size
    And how exactly do you do that?

Not really

come tables needed but again...very small size of table....from my observation through table level, (I am using the data studio to see the estimate size of table), overall size of tables that use the tablespace should be around 300 - 400 M....but DMS file system says 17 - 18G used...Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure how data studio estimates the size, but I would verify this info using some other method.

Check the number of used pages and HWM displayed with db2pd -tablespaces. It could be that the HWM >>> used pages.

You can also check the size of objects using the following query:
    http://www.dbforums.com/db2/1660466-...-schema-2.html

Note that you have to check the size of tables, indexes, lobs/xml. But it looks like you can't filter by the tablespace name.

Another option (and the one I prefer) is to use the inspect command. For example:
    db2 "inspect check tablespace tbspaceid <tablespace id> results keep inspect.out"

You would need to format the output file using db2inspf.

Also, check what else is stored on this filesystem. db logs? non-db2 files?