Question Unanswered: Re : fatal error

Hello Everyone,

This is Antrikssh Mishra, I am beginner of mysql database. I have created a project by using c++ and mysql when I was run it by using eclipse in Linux platform. But I found one fatal error that are as follow :-

*** Build of configuration Debug for project DB_Test ****

make all
    Building file: ../source/DB_Connection.cpp
    Invoking: GCC C++ Compiler
    g++ -I"/home/User/workspace/DB_Test/header" -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -MF"source/DB_Connection.d" -MT"source/DB_Connection.d" -o"source/DB_Connection.o" "../source/DB_Connection.cpp"
    ../source/DB_Connection.cpp:52:30: fatal error: mysql_connection.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    make: *** [source/DB_Connection.o] Error 1

In my Knowledge mysql_connection.h is present in the mysql_connector-c++ so I installed mysql-connector-c++-1.1.0-0.7.bzr895.fc15.i686 file according to configuration of system but still I fight with the problem.

Please guide me so that I solved it.

Thanks & Regards,

Antrikssh Mishra.

Have a look at where the mysql_connection.h file exists and then add "-I /folder_where_mysql_connection.h_exists"

The issue is that it cannot find it in the default folders that it is searching. You need to need to add where to find that include file.
    Ronan Cashell
    Certified Oracle DBA/Certified MySQL Expert (DBA & Cluster DBA)
    http://www.it-iss.com
    Follow me on Twitter

Exclamation Re : fatal error

Hello Sir,

First of all thank you for giving your precious time to me, Sir according to your suggestion I have include the required file and the error is also solved but another error occur that is

fatal error: cppconn/connection.h: No such file or directory
    cppconn/resultset.h : No such file or directory
    cppconn/statement.h : No such file or directory
    cppconn/prepared_statement.h: No such file or directory
    cppconn/resultset.h: No such file or directory
    cppconn/resultset_metadata.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    make: *** [source/DB_Connection.o] Error 1

I worked with eclipse before 3 month with out any problem but when I reinstall fedora 15 the problem is occurred. I have installed mysql-connector-c++-1.1.0-0.7.bzr895.fc15.i686.rpm to connect c++ with my sql but no effect of it.

please suggest me what I will do.

Thanks & Regards
    Antrikssh Mishra

It really does look like perhaps there is some configuration that you need to do in eclipse in order to include the folder containing the mysql client connector. Have you had a look at the following from eclipse?

Help - Eclipse SDK

You need to find where the include files, these may be located away from the default folders so you need to configure eclipse to include these when compiling.
    Ronan Cashell
    Certified Oracle DBA/Certified MySQL Expert (DBA & Cluster DBA)
    http://www.it-iss.com
    Follow me on Twitter

Lightbulb

Hello,

Thank you sir for your such a helpful advice, Sir If you have more suggestion for me then please give for my bright future.

Regards,

Antrikssh Mishra