Question Unanswered: Database connection log.

Hi to all... I'm wondering how can I get all user or computer that is trying to connect or connected to my database...
    My database is MsSql2008 server... I'm just want to make sure all user that is accessing my database is valid database user... and also user can access the database through internet...

Quote Originally Posted by rvdelacruz View Post
    Hi to all... I'm wondering how can I get all user or computer that is trying to connect or connected to my database...
    My database is MsSql2008 server... I'm just want to make sure all user that is accessing my database is valid database user... and also user can access the database through internet...
    Not sure what exactly you mean. But you can query sys.dm_exec_connections to see active connections to your server.

If a user is invalid, he wont be able to login to the server.

Provided Answers: 11
    You can set the security settings to record any successful or failed login in the errorlog of SQL Server. This will just give you the fact that a particular user logged on from a particular IP address. It will not tell you what they did, while connected. You will need to extract that data from the errorlog yourself, however. I do not think Microsoft provides a tool to separate out that data.