Unanswered: Importing from File

Good Morning,
    I have a database that I import many files into several different tables. Occasionally during import of a file I get the following error message.

"Subscript out of range"

Does anyone know what this is and how I can prevent it from happening. When it does I have to cancel what I am doing and shut down Access and restart and begin again.

In my experience (which dates back to Radio Shack Model I Basic), this error occurs when you have a reference to an array and the number you are using in your reference is greater than the number of elements in the array.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmanj1 View Post
    In my experience (which dates back to Radio Shack Model I Basic), this error occurs when you have a reference to an array and the number you are using in your reference is greater than the number of elements in the array.
    Thanks, but I am not really sure what you mean by "array". I don't get it all the time only occasionally and usually after I've imported several files already.

The following link has some information that might help you.

"Subscript out of range" Error

Thanks. I'll look into some of the things on that post and see if any of it might pertain to my situation. I don't have any LookUps in this DB so not sure what is causing the problem but I'll look ino it.

Thanks again.