Unanswered: Updating data in a field tied to combobox switching records

Hi. I have a database that stores client data. There is a form that is tied to many tables (account, billing, contact, etc. - accounting being the main table). In the header of the form, there is a combo box picker that pulls the company name and ID from the account table and allows you to select an entry which will populate the form. Problem is when someone updates the AccountName field in the form, the picker tries to re-order itself based off the new name and it will push you to a different record.

example, I'm in company WXY changing their billing rate and my co-worker is in company ABC and she changes the name to BCD - the field picker will try to update and reorder so next thing you know I'm in company XYZ changing a company's billing rate that shouldn't be changed.

I switched the picker to pull from a copy thinking it wouldn't create a conflict if it's not the same fields used in both places but it's still doing it.

any suggestions?? Thank you in advance!

As I interpret your post; your database is not split. A multi user database must be split for proper behavior.

hope this helps.
    www CahabaData com

To confirm, you mean have the tables in one database and the form in another?

well yes - but more importantly - to design & maintain a database, even an Access database, you really need to obtain an Access textbook and read thru it. easily found at Amazon or any large book store. The split of the database is covered in any text book - it is both very fundamental and extremely important. You risk corrupting the file when multiple users are using a nonsplit db.

hope it helps.
    www CahabaData com