I'm just getting to know Access, so please bear with me as I'll probably be asking for help quite often!!
Is there a way that when a form is opened by a user, it automatically goes to a new record, rather than the first record?
Last edited by notrutsa; 10-30-11 at 04:29.
1. Open the from in Design view.
2. Open the Properties window.
3. Check that the form itself is selected (black square in the upper left corner of the form).
4. Select the Event tab of the Properties window.
5. Click in the "On Load" line.
6. Click on the little square button with 3 dots (...) that appear on the righ of the line.
7. If asked ("Choose Bilder" window appears), select "Code Builder").
8. The VBA editor opens and the declaration for the Sub Form_Load is there:
Private Sub Form_Load()
9. Copy and paste the line (DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec) between the line Private Sub... and the line End Sub.