Unanswered: The record source specified in the form does not exist

Hi,
    I have form with subform,
    In subform there is a control called DoctorID based on table Bill ( i created it from wizard)
    it was working fine
    but when I changed its name to txtDoctorID i started getting this error message
    The record source txtDoctorID does not exist in the form or report
    It was misspelled or deleted etc

when I changed the name back to DoctorID i still get the error message,, I can't see the subform form view AND and when i close and open the form again in design view I see that it DID NOT change the name, it still has the name txtDoctorID,,,

How can solve this problem?

Provided Answers: 14
    Are you sure you actually changed the Name property of the control and not its ControlSource property? Both properties are on the first row of the Properties window but on a different tab. If you select the All tab, the Name property is on the first row whil the RecordSource property is on the second row, just under. It's very easy to change one property while wanting to change the other.
    Have a nice day!

Thanks,
    I am sure I didn't change the source property
    ...the problem that whenever i change the name back to DoctorID, and open the form again, it changes back to txtDoctorID

I have attached picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails properties.JPG  

by the way, i use office 2003,,

Quote Originally Posted by oakeyes View Post
    by the way, i use office 2003,,
    So do I (I have virtual machines installed with the 2007 and 2010 version but did not began to work seriously with these).

Is there a reference to DoctorID or TxtDoctorID somewhere else in the database, for instance in the module of the Parent form or in the subform itself?
    Have a nice day!

Thanks for your reply
    There WAS reference to txtDoctorID at the beginning of the problem, but I deleted all code related to it
    and there was reference to DoctorID in combobox but I put " ' " as work as a comment and be ignored but still,,

It seems I'll start over again a new clean file from scratch as I have a problem with relationship as well

Thanks so much for your help and answers

You're welcome!
    Have a nice day!

oakeyes,

If you change the name of a control on a form/report and, when you save the form/report it changes the name back to the original name, that means that you already have another control on that form/report with that new name.
    Ken

Maverick Software Design

(847) 864-3600 x2

Thank you for your help PracticalProgramming
    I tried to figure out where is the other control having same name but couldn't
    yesterday i deleted many codes, and now the name DoctorID does not change back to txtDoctorID, even when I close it and save it, however, i still get the same error message
    I started a new database now, hope it will work fine with me this time