Thread: MySQL Training

Arrow Unanswered: MySQL Training

Hi

I have started working on MySQL databases recently. Earlier, I was working on Oracle databases.

Though there are a lot of similarities in both, but I think there are a lot of differences too. And they're pretty interesting.

I see a lot of resources available for learning Oracle databases here. But unfortunately, I do not find many such learning resources for MySQL databases.

The online documentation is good, but I think they're not sufficient to have a deeper understanding on subjects like Cluster and High Availability (compared to the ones available for Oracle databases)

Apart from the Whitepapers/documentation available on the MySQL website, are there other training resources available for learning MySQL Cluster and High Availability concepts?

There is no schedule of any public batch for MySQL Cluster or High Availability training from Oracle since a long time, neither do I find any good institute that provides them here.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by MySQL DBA; 10-31-11 at 10:29. Reason: Correction

In development

We are currently working on Cluster training. Send me a note if you would like to be notified when it is ready.

MySQL Training

Hi

A similar query was posted on the MySQL forums at
    MySQL :: Re: MySQL training on Cluster and High Availability

Here is a view of the suggestions made there. It gives information on MySQL Cluster and High Availability learning resources, irrespective of whether you are from India or anywhere else.

Here are some of the resources avaialable for studying MySQL Cluster NDB engine and high availability:

- MySQL Documentation
    For Cluster
    MySQL :: MySQL 5.1 Reference Manual :: 16 MySQL Cluster NDB 6.X/7.X

For HA
    MySQL :: MySQL 5.1 Reference Manual :: 14 High Availability and Scalability

- MySQL Webinars
    Check out some webinars that MySQL conducts regularly on various topics including Clusters and HA

- Book on MySQL Cluster
    In my opinion, this is a very nice book, especially for starters
    http://www.amazon.com/MySQL-Clusteri.../dp/0672328550

- Training
    Oracle conducts MySQL training from time to time, but yes, you have to keep following them.
    I have myself not seen any schedule for MySQL Cluster or HA from Oracle in India.
    Since you are from India, it can be beneficial for you to try out mysql training on Cluster or HA or any other related topic from MySQL Star as they seem to be based in India. Their website link is :
    MySQL Star

They conduct both classroom and online trainings so it really shouldn't matter much if you are from India or anywhere else in the world. I can see from their website that they are into corporate trainings also, so maybe you can try convincing your management to get a batch scheduled. Again, this is from my personal opinion and experience (including my friend's)

Wish you Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by MySQL DBA View Post
    Hi

I have started working on MySQL databases recently. Earlier, I was working on Oracle databases.

Though there are a lot of similarities in both, but I think there are a lot of differences too. And they're pretty interesting.

I see a lot of resources available for learning Oracle databases here. But unfortunately, I do not find many such learning resources for MySQL databases.

The online documentation is good, but I think they're not sufficient to have a deeper understanding on subjects like Cluster and High Availability (compared to the ones available for Oracle databases)

Apart from the Whitepapers/documentation available on the MySQL website, are there other training resources available for learning MySQL Cluster and High Availability concepts?

There is no schedule of any public batch for MySQL Cluster or High Availability training from Oracle since a long time, neither do I find any good institute that provides them here.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks