Unanswered: Inserting New Record into List Source: Code is Buggy

I have a form where the user picks a SKU from a drop-down that is sourced in a table. If the user types in a SKU not in the list, I would like the list source to be updated to include it.

I tried the following code, but it still gives a "Not in List" error message instead of running the subroutine. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

>>Private Sub Combo17_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer)

Dim db As DAO.Database

Dim Rs As DAO.Recordset

If NewData = "" Then Exit Sub

Set db = CurrentDb
    Set Rs = db.OpenRecordset("Product List", dbOpenDynaset)
    Rs.AddNew
    Rs![SKU] = NewData
    Rs.Update

Response = acDataErrAdded

End Sub

>>

Provided Answers: 59
    refresh the control after you have added a new value to the underlying recordset

me.refesh
    OR
    combo17.refresh

..might be combo17.requery

incidentally I think you will benefit from giving your controls a 'meaningful' name in place of the default name handed down from Access. oit makes your code easier to read and understand, which is a godsend when you revisit this code in a few years / months or others have to read it.

eg
    cmbSKUList
    whether you prefix it with something is your decision. personally I like to know just looking a the code what type of control it is, so for me combo boxes start with cmb.. but that's my hangup
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks.

The problem, it turns out, isn't that it isn't accepting the new SKU number - it is. And it's inserting it into the list source table. However, it is still popping up the box informing me that my choice is not in the list, can I choose from the list.

I tried combo17.requery and got the following error:
    "You must save the current field before you run the requery action."