Unanswered: Another Computer Can't View My PivotChart Form!

Hello,

I have a database which generates graphs based on criteria into pivotchart forms. Most users here have only read access to this database. There is one user, however, that has read+write access, yet when he opens the database, the pivotchart forms display as blank pages. I have even tried saving a copy of the database onto his desktop and viewing that way but nothing works - he can't view the pivotchart forms on his PC.

Does anyone know what might cause this, or what I might do to correct this issue?

We are using Access 2007 on XP-SP2...His computer is a few months older but I BELIEVE he is also running SP2.

Provided Answers: 19
    If
    ...the pivotchart forms display as blank pages...
    means 'blank,' as in not even the empty Textboxes appear on the Form, this indicates that the Form cannot be updated or have new Records added and no Records currently reside in the RecordSet, or the user doesn't have Permission to Read/Write to the Folder that holds the data.

There are a number of reasons why records can't be updated/added. The AllowAdditions Property may be set to No or, if the form is based on a Query, the Query may be Read‑Only.

If the form is based on a Query, you can see if the Query is Read‑Only by opening it independent of the form, on the errant machine, and trying to add a Record. If the query is, in fact, Read‑Only, Allen Browne has an excellent article that explains why this is and how to work around it.

Microsoft Access tips: Why is my query read-only?

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Thank you for this, I'll check it out as soon as I get to work in the morning!

This would be the reason why:
    "It uses First(), Sum(), Max(), Count(), etc. in the SELECT clause. Queries that aggregate records are read-only."

The only thing that confuses me, is that even though the queries are read only, these pivotchart forms work for everyone else, even those with read-only access to the folder the database resides in. There is only one user with difficulties, and he has read/write access to that folder.

Okay, I fixed the problem...The database is linked to another on our network drive, so apparently it was taking my letter that I use to map instead of the server name. His network drive mapping was a different letter than I map for everyone else in the warehouse. Correcting this corrected the issue.

I guess in the future when I link databases I should type in the server name and full path instead of navigate to the database's location by clicking on it. I never heard of that one before!

Provided Answers: 19
    Live and learn! Glad you got it fixed!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007