Unanswered: Automatic Maintenance

Hi Thanks in advance ,

I have a small doubt , actually am trying to activate automatic maintenance for my database (siddhu) by enabling the parameter auto_maint .

To do this, is there any prerequisite steps to perform on data base ?

and one more thing after enabling the auto_maint paramter, is there any steps to perform on the data base ? please give me a fast reply

I want to enable automatic backups ,reorgs,runstats on my data base .

My db2 version is 9.7

please give me reply with all commands in sequence

From
    Siddhu
    Last edited by siddhu.pandu0854; 11-03-11 at 01:02.

Provided Answers: 11
    on these pages and related - all info is available
    Automatic features - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Automatic Maintenance

Thanks

One more thing i have to know .

in the link

"Automatic database backups

A database can become unusable due to a wide variety of hardware or software failures. Ensuring that you have a recent, full backup of your database is an integral part of planning and implementing a disaster recovery strategy for your system. Use automatic database backups as part of your disaster recovery strategy to enable the database manager to back up your database both properly and regularly."

I saw this but i didn't get proper meaning of this . can you pls tel me when , the automatic backup process is going on for our database with example pls pls

Provided Answers: 11
    never rely on defaults or ...
    ALWAYS schedule the backup yourself with all needed options and settings
    in that case you get what you need....
    for all syntax look at infocenter for details.. or do some reading on DB2 and HA..
    there is a special manual for this..
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be