Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Unanswered: Altering partitioned column

    Hi All,

    Hope everybody is doing gud..

    I had a requirement where i need to increase size of a column which is partitioned column of a table..

    For ex.

    Table ABC have col1 number(5), col2 number(5) as column where table ABC is range partitioned on col1 ..Now i need to increase size of col1 to number(10) while using
    Alter table ABC modify col1 number(10);
    I am getting

    ERROR at line 1:
    ORA-14060: data type or length of a table partitioning column may not be changed

    This error...

    Please reply if have any idea..

    Thanks and Regards,

    Sandy Too

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Croatia, Europe
    Provided Answers: 5
    Search this Tom Kyte's discussion for "14060"; he explained what to do and how.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts