Unanswered: alter tablespace ... begin new stripe

I'm a little confused about "begin new stripe" option with "alter tablespace" statement. Say I have a DMS tablespace with 3 containers which are not quite full yet (the "Autoresize" is On), however, the file folder for existing containers has almost reached max. And now I add another container to this tablespace using "alter tablespace... begin new stripe set (<new_container_clause>)" on another file folder. My question is: Will the new data added to this tablespace be written ONLY to the new container at the new stripe set, which means the unused space left on original 3 containers will be wasted? Should I wait until the original 3 containers almost full to add a new container with "begin new stripe set"?

I have DB2 UDB V9.5 on Linux.

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by wu2nd View Post
    My question is: Will the new data added to this tablespace be written ONLY to the new container at the new stripe set, which means the unused space left on original 3 containers will be wasted?
    I believe this is correct, and new extents will be allocated from the new stripe set.