Unanswered: Subform = duplicate last subform record without button control

Hi!
    I have a mainform - Accounts - with a subform - Registration - and the Record Source of the subform is a table.
    The link is AccountName and the relationship is one(Account)-to-many(Registrations)
    Accounts are unique records - there are no duplicate AccountNames allowed

The main(single) form opens from a previous dialog box with a combobox and button. The Account was chosen to make a change to the Registration(subform), and the focus is set to the subform. We do not modify the mainform here at all.

Since there is only 1 field (total of 9 fields on the table) in Registration that needs to be changed, I need to minimize data entry to avoid any errors and would like to duplicate my last Registration that relates to this Account.

I have seen versions of code using Click, RecordsetClone, and append query to do this but I use click to get into my mainform and I can't have the click duplicate the mainform. I don't want to put another button since I'm already focused in the subform.

Does anyone have suggestions to write this duplicated subform record using another event like Form Open?

Here's what I've tried:
    Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
    Dim strSql As String
    Dim dbs As Database
    Dim MaxID As Long

MaxID = DMax("ID", "REGSTAT32511") **this is a problem because the MaxID is not necassarily the max for this Account

strSql = "INSERT INTO [REGSTAT32511] (STATLU, PTLU) " & "SELECT" & MaxID + 1 & ", STATLU, PTLU" & "FROM REGSTAT32511" & "WHERE ID = & MaxID"

Set dbs = CurrentDb
    dbs.Execute strSql

End Sub
    ** this doesn't trigger at all which I assume is because it's in From Open

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Provided Answers: 6
    Not sure I understand the setup, but a couple of issues with the code. The DMax() would need a criteria to get the max for the appropriate account:

General: DLookup Usage Samples

You should probably wrap that in the Nz() function for those times when it's a new account and doesn't have an existing record. You're going to have some space issues with your SQL (like "...PTLUFROM..."). This may help you debug it:

Debugging
    Paul

Provided Answers: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Foskbou View Post
    ... would like to duplicate my last Registration that relates to this Account
    How do you determine which is the "last Registration"?

You wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Foskbou View Post
    **this is a problem because the MaxID is not necassarily the max for this Account[
    So is there a date/time field that contains the date of this "last Registration", an autonumber field?
    Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndho View Post
    How do you determine which is the "last Registration"?

You wrote:

So is there a date/time field that contains the date of this "last Registration", an autonumber field?

There is both autonumber and date/time