Unanswered: Tablespace restore

Environment : DB2 V9.7 FP3 on Linux

DPF environment . 17 logical nodes spanned across 3 physical nodes

I have two databases. Database A and Database B. I have taken an online tablespace backup of one tablespace on database B. Can I restore that tablespace on to existing database A ??

If online is not possible, Can I do with an offline tablespace backup?

Note that there are other tablespaces on Database A and all of them needs to be preserved.

Any help or suggestion for this is greatly appreciated.

See:
    Restoring to an existing database - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

For database-level you can restore into other database. It's not stated for tablespace-level. If it's possible, you need the same seed, same tablespace. Not very likely that it works.

Provided Answers: 1
    Not sure if it will work in a partitioned database, but try the TRANSPORT option when restoring.

Transport examples - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

Transport option is actually not available in partitioned environment.

Can a tablespace level online backup be restored to another new database in DPF environment?
    Example: I have a database with tablespaces syscatspace, tempsapce, userspace1, userspace2, userpace3. I only wanted to restore userspace 1 to another new database using a tablespace level backup. Here the new database should only have the restored tablespace. All the other existing data is not required on the new database.

Look at the restore with rebuild option. You need to restore syscatspace as well. A simple example is here: http://www.dbforums.com/db2/1650996-...e-restore.html

This presentation can be very helpful:
    http://www.idugdb2-l.org/conferences...ta/NA08D07.pdf

Thank you all for your suggestions, however, I'm still having issues.

I'm on a partitioned environment (2 nodes).

Node 0: Catalog Node
    Node 1 and Node 2 with data etc.

I'm attempting to run a redirect restore for just one tablespace for now. The restore is from an online tablespace backup image on a different instance.

Here is the command I ran followed by the error:

RESTORE DATABASE DB1_DB REBUILD WITH TABLESPACE ( TEMPSPACE2 , MYTABLESPACE, WRAPPER1 , TEMPSPACE16K_2 ) USE TSM OPEN 1 SESSIONS OPTIONS '-fromowner=Instance_1' TAKEN AT 20111128
    122156 INTO DB2_DB NEWLOGPATH '/DB2_DBlog_dir/DB2_DB/NODE0002/' REDIRECT WITHOUT ROLLING FORWARD WITHOUT PROMPTING

It doesn't allow be to perform the restore as it states the following error message:

SQL2537N Roll-forward is required following the Restore.

I specifically stated the WITHOUT ROLLING FORWARD option as I will need to ROLLFORWARD to a specific point in time.

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by sanchez786 View Post

I specifically stated the WITHOUT ROLLING FORWARD option as I will need to ROLLFORWARD to a specific point in time.
    That's wrong. "WITHOUT ROLLING FORWARD" means that you do _not_ intend to rollforward the database, so it should _not_ be placed into the rollforward pending state.

Lose this option and rerun the restore.

Quote Originally Posted by n_i View Post
    That's wrong. "WITHOUT ROLLING FORWARD" means that you do _not_ intend to rollforward the database, so it should _not_ be placed into the rollforward pending state.

Lose this option and rerun the restore.
    I did that, but now that I want to rollforward the tablespace, I run the following command:

db2 "rollforward db DB2_DB to 2011-11-28.12.30.00.0000 using local time and complete tablespace(MYTABLESPACE) online

It returns the error:

SQL1117N A connection to or activation of database "DB2_DB" cannot be made
    because of ROLL-FORWARD PENDING. SQLSTATE=57019