Thread: db2 Scripts

Red face Unanswered: db2 Scripts

Hi all ,

Thanks in advance

am very new to db2 i dont know the basic concepts also to write the scripts.

Pls guide me how to write and run the scripts in db2 for db backups and restores , reorgs and runstats, and other jobs.

pls tell me the most usefull day to day LINUX/AIX commands and shortcuts for CLP .

DB2 V9.7.3 and AIX 6.1

Thanks & Regards
    Siddhu

Provided Answers: 5
    A script is just a sequence of SQL statements or DB2 CLP commands, each terminated by the same character (usually ; or @). The script does what you want it to do. They can be as simple or complex as needed. Then to execute the script, you enter something like this manually:

db2 -tvsf myScript.sql

Please read the manual for more details.

Andy

Thanks andy Pls send me any links related to Scripts and Unix Commands and Shortcuts for CLP

Provided Answers: 5
    Scripts are what you want them to be. Please read the manual for further assistance.

Andy

Provided Answers: 11
    each customer has his own scripts for doing backup.. as this is specific according their need
    check some sample scripts (maybe in ths forum).. or nicely request a sample from a member.. (remember .. the sun comes up for free.. the rest needs some more effort..)
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be