Unanswered: Access Versions compatibility

I have an Access database made using Access 97. I have two questions:

1) Can I open this database with Access 2007? I do have some VBA code in there, as well as some macros. Will these transfer as well and still work?

2) If #1 is possible, can a user then open the new 2007 database using Access 2003? Will the VBA and macros still work? Will any changes they make (i.e. adding a record) show up in the 2007 version if they change it using the 2003 version?

Thanks,
    Nancy

Provided Answers: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by nic311 View Post
    1) Can I open this database with Access 2007? I do have some VBA code in there, as well as some macros. Will these transfer as well and still work?
    You will be able to open it but not to make any modification, except for the data into the tables. You need to convert it first to Access 2000 or 2003 (mdb) or 2007-2010 (accdb) format if you want to modify anything else (table definition, queries, macros, code, forms, reports, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by nic311 View Post
    2) If #1 is possible, can a user then open the new 2007 database using Access 2003?
    No, versions of Access prior to 2007 cannot open a database in the new accdb format.
    Have a nice day!