Unanswered: Copy objects from one schema to another schema

Hi,

I am new to Sql server. I am using sql server 2008 R2.
    I want to copy all the objects of one schema and put it in another schema. I want to do that from command prompt.
    In oracle we can export the objects of one user and import to another user using exp and imp. I want similar type.
    Can anyone suggest me a way to do this?

Thanks,
    Hariharan

Provided Answers: 11
    In SQL Server, you can move objects from one schema to another with the system procedure sp_changeobjectowner. To copy them, you can generate a script of the objects from SQL Server Management Studio, and do a search and replace of the schema name on the resulting text file. This may of course catch references to objects inside view and/or stored procedure definitions.

Hi MCrowley,

Thanks for your reply.
    I do not want to move the objects between schema, but i need to copy. I want to do that from command prompt not from the SQL Server Management Studio.

Provided Answers: 11
    There may be options for that in the Visual Studio 2010 database synchronization tools, but I do not use VS 2010 at all. Once a set of options has been saved, it can run on a scheduled basis (I imagine as a script, but again, I could be wrong). Check to see if any of your developers have it installed.

this may help you!!!

Copy One Schema to Another Schema

Hi sqlserverdba1,

Thanks for your reply.
    How to do that for all the objects inside a schema?