Question Unanswered: GUI for data insertion in database

Hi
    Am new to PostgreSQL.am currently using pgadminIII GUI tool.but is their another way to create a simple Graphical user Interface for inserting data to tables created in the database without having to use (view rows) and the insert script?
    [An example is when you go to a hospital/bank they feed your particulars to an interface and information is then stored to the database]
    Last edited by bfab; 11-21-11 at 12:28.

Provided Answers: 12
    Did you check out the tools listed in the PostgreSQL wiki?

Community Guide to PostgreSQL GUI Tools - PostgreSQL wiki

Gui

I checked it out already but doesn't help.What i need is a php script to have it linked via the web or somehow via the desktop

Provided Answers: 12
    I don't use PHP but a quick search in the PostgreSQL mailing lists archives turned up the following:

http://pear.php.net/
    http://cakephp.org/

Try Navicat Lite , it is a free software and has better table editor, but with fewer other options. So i keep both, for sql query and table editing i use it. For other purposes i use PgadminIII.

If you want the php web-based front end, take a look at pg maestro. I've played with it some, and it seems to do a nice job of providing table & master/detail table data entry.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert