I am looking forward to helping you with new career opportunities.
Position: Sr. Systems Analyst / Consultant (11-01878)
Location: Southfield, MI for Blue Care Network
• Interact with the Clients, Vendors, and Technical Resources.
• Work independently within guidelines, provides analytical support to a specific group of customers on business application, infrastructure and technology related activities.
• Provides guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on complex problems and ensures resolution.
• Work with application developers to support applications and customer requests.
• Analyze current business processes and systems to provide business process improvement ideas.
• Gather requirements and develop detailed documentation related to systems requirements and conceptual solutions.
• Coordinate with testing center.
• A high proficiency level in specific job related skills is required.
Skills: 5 years of experience
• Experience with Health Care insurance industries – required
• Demonstrated knowledge of the business functions. (e.g. membership, claims or Care Management) - required
• Experience with Data warehousing (STAR Schema preferred)
• Excellent Communication Skills, both verbal and written -- required
• Excellent Organizational Skills – required
• Experience working with Technical resources - required
• MS Office tools – required
• Knowledge of systems development required - required.
• Knowledge of SDLC/data bases/development language constraints - required.
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills including the ability to work with both internal and external customers and all levels of the organization - required.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and timelines with minimal supervision - required.
• Excellent problem solving and conflict management skills including the ability to manage conflict and find mutually acceptable resolutions - required.
• Both a strategic and tactical mindset to enable the development of a general high level design and to enable detail reviews of Technical Detail Designs - required.
• Business process improvement experience – required.
• Integrity - open and honest in all interactions; maintains confidence and trust
• Communication skills - speaks and writes clearly
• Interpersonal skills - friendly, builds relationships and trust
• Collaboration skills - works well with others; take responsibility for team success/failures
• Facilitation skills - defines goals and objects; maintains focus; ensures results
• Organizational skills - able to plan and manage various projects and activities; multi-tasks
• Ownership and initiative - self-starter and finisher, drives projects and tasks to conclusion
• Judgment - able to act decisively, but ask for advice and assistance when needed
• Professional - always represents self and company in a positive manner
• Mature - deals well with change, stress, and frustration
• Experience with query tools – required.
• Knowledge of SQL – required
Reminder: When submitting candidates please include a response to the 6 questions listed below.
• Please give an example of level of expertise you have with SQL queries you have written?
• Do you have experience writing a detailed Functional specification document? Please provide examples of kind of information included in the document?
• Do you have at least 2 years of health care experience as a systems/business analyst in one of the following areas; membership and/or claims? Please describe experience
• Do you have 2 years of care management or utilization management experience? Please describe experience
• Do you have 2 years of data warehousing experience? Please describe experience
• Please describe a functional process you designed in a clear organized manner?