Thread: SQL Updates

Unanswered: SQL Updates

Hi,

We have a front end system which uses a SQL database. The issue in question is on the front end, we have added multiple absence records, (Holidays, sickness, unpaid leave etc.) Each record has a detail screen. This has been populated for the holiday record but not for the other records.

The holiday record has the following fields; Job, Work Code, Role

These have all been populated however, the work code field contains multiple values such as CM.40000, ST.40000, CO.40000 etc for different users (as they work in different parts of the company) where as the Job, and Role codes are all the same. I need to copy these values from the holiday record into the other records.

I appreciate I may not have explained this well enough so please reply back if you need me to further explain. I am a novice to SQL so please be patient with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anand213 View Post
    the work code field contains multiple values such as CM.40000, ST.40000, CO.40000 etc for different users (as they work in different parts of the company) where as the Job, and Role codes are all the same.
    Does the work code field really "contain multiple values," or does it really contain only a single value selected from amongst multiple values?
    Ken

Maverick Software Design

(847) 864-3600 x2