Unanswered: How to setting the server database oracle

Hai , i want i have server and computer ( for development oracle application).
    My question is the oracle should install on server and the computer together ?
    Sorry , may be this is simple question, but i really confuse about this !
    Thank

Provided Answers: 4
    Generally speaking, no problem - you can run both a database and development tool on the same computer (assuming it is powerful enough). However, for a more specific answer, you need to ask a more specific question.

Which database do you have on mind? Would Express Edition (XE) be OK? (I suppose so).

Which development tool are you interested in? Forms? JDeveloper? Apex? Something different?

Which operating system do you use? If MS Windows, note that no Oracle product was (is) certified on any "Home" edition.

How to setting the serber database oracle

Thank you for your reply.
    Let say my database is on server , then i install oracle on the develop computer. my Computer already connect to the server. If i not install oracle on server , how i can using oracle on my computer connect to server? if i not wrong , when install oracle , that no have specific option to let you connect the oracle to server or after install the oracle!
    Thank You , correct me if i'am wrong

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    please restate the question using explicit hostnames instead of generic "computer" & "server".
    I am not clear if you are discussing 2, 3 or more different systems.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Provided Answers: 4
    You still didn't specify development tool.

For example, Developer Suite (Forms & Reports) are installed on a client (your own PC). Application Express runs in the database (on the database server) and you access it from your internet browser (i.e. no "client" software installation is needed).