Unanswered: not able to sent mails from db2 replication manager

There is a ZLINUX server on which db2 V9.1 FP9 is installed and replication is setup between the two databases which are under db2inst1 and db2inst2.

I have a db2 ESE server on my local of same version where i have catalogged both the databases. Now I want to set the alerts on the capture and apply through the replication center of my local. But when i added the contacts and tried to send the mails, got the following error:

java.sql.SQLException: SQL22295N Unable to communicate successfully with the SMTP server at host "********" using port "2". Reason code = "".

The SMTP_SERVER is updated on my local and the toolsdb is also created, dont know why getting this error.. Any help ??

Thanks in advance

Provided Answers: 11
    have you updated admin cfg at server with smtp setting ??
    an entry in /etc/host with smtp server ??
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

u mean on that ZLINUX server where the actual datbase exists??

I updated the SMTP_SERVER parameter of "db2 get admin cfg" and created the toolsdb too on that zlinux server..

apart from it anything needed ?? what should i added to /etc/hosts

Provided Answers: 11
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep_Sharma View Post
    java.sql.SQLException: SQL22295N Unable to communicate successfully with the SMTP server at host "********" using port "2". Reason code = "".
    I hope "********" is not the actual IP address or hostname of your SMTP server. However, "2" does seem quite unusual for an SMTP port - it typically listens on port 25.

Use telnet to verify that you can indeed connect to the specified SMTP server, at the specified port, from your DB2 server. If your SMTP server uses authentication, check that the configured use is allowed to connect to it.