Unanswered: DB2 V9 on AIX (Redirect Restore problem)

I am trying to perform a complicated redirect/restore.

I have 2 instances:
    Instance: A
    Instance: B

In Instance A, I have a database called DB1. I have a full offline backup image of this DB1 from Sept 23/11. On November 23, I then performed an online tablespace backup of approximately 20 tablespaces.

What I would like to do is perform a redirect/restore of these tablespaces in a new database on Instance B.

What I have done so far successfully was restoring the full offline backup image taken at Sept 23/11 from Instance A to a new database in Instance B.

The part on which I'm stuck on is how to restore the online tablespace backup image of November 23 from Instance A for DB1 to the new database on Instance B? I will also want to rollforward the tablespaces to a certain point in time as well.

Is it even possible to restore online backup tablespaces images from one Database in an instance to another Database in another Instance?

See if this answers your question:
    http://www.dbforums.com/db2/1671683-...e-restore.html

Yes , it is possible.
    Just restore 20 tablespaces backup image taken at November 23 with rebuild option to new DB
    and you can rollforward to pit or end of logs with log shiping。
    Last edited by fengsun2; 12-01-11 at 22:40.

Thank you all for your suggestions, however, I'm still having issues.

I'm on a partitioned environment (2 nodes).

Node 0: Catalog Node
    Node 1 and Node 2 with data etc.

I'm attempting to run a redirect restore for just one tablespace for now. The restore is from an online tablespace backup image on a different instance.

Here is the command I ran followed by the error:

RESTORE DATABASE DB1_DB REBUILD WITH TABLESPACE ( TEMPSPACE2 , MYTABLESPACE, WRAPPER1 , TEMPSPACE16K_2 ) USE TSM OPEN 1 SESSIONS OPTIONS '-fromowner=Instance_1' TAKEN AT 20111128
    122156 INTO DB2_DB NEWLOGPATH '/DB2_DBlog_dir/DB2_DB/NODE0002/' REDIRECT WITHOUT ROLLING FORWARD WITHOUT PROMPTING

It doesn't allow be to perform the restore as it states the following error message:

SQL2537N Roll-forward is required following the Restore.

I specifically stated the WITHOUT ROLLING FORWARD option as I will need to ROLLFORWARD to a specific point in time.
    Edit/Delete Message

Provided Answers: 11
    with rollforward command you can specify the needed pit for this
    WITHOUT ROLLING FORWARD : with this you specify you do not want to execute this command and in this case this is not allowed
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be