Unanswered: db2 catalog tcpip node

Hi,

After the successful execution of catalog node and catalog database command, can i read data in db2 box from oracle ? ( tables in db2 and oracle are same). If yes, then am unable to read.. can anyone suggest on this please.

Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 11
    do you mean :using federation server - to see oracle table while being connected to db2 ?
    if so : see : infocenter : configure oracle datasources
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

not the federated server. I just need to know as why am unable to pull data from oracle! and can i also know the content of db2dj.ini file please

If you are trying to access DB2 from Oracle, then you start your question in an Oracle forum. Any db2 specifics you can come here.

DB2DJ (AFAIK) is for accessing non-DB2 data sources (like oracle) from DB2.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

am trying to access oracle from DB2

Provided Answers: 11
    so : look at infocenter and read about implementing federation and configuring access to oracle as stated in previous update with link
    IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX and Windows Information Center
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Quote Originally Posted by plmanju30 View Post
    Hi,

After the successful execution of catalog node and catalog database command, can i read data in db2 box from oracle ? ( tables in db2 and oracle are same). If yes, then am unable to read.. can anyone suggest on this please.

Thanks in advance.
    Just because you get a succesful return code from DB2 when you issue the catalog commands does not mean you can access the intended database, even if it is another DB2 database.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

okie. My requirement is to connect oracle and db2 database as i need to pull the data from oracle to db2. So Do I have to get any software in particular to establish federated server? or by commands can i establish federated server Can anyone please help me on this.

I would go to the IBM manual download site and get the following:

IBM InfoSphere Federation Server: Configuration Guide for Federated Data Sources
    IBM InfoSphere Federation Server: Administration Guide for Federated Systems
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390