Unanswered: Control Not Showing Up

I have a control on my form named Markup Markup (labeled Mat %) and I am trying to create a label on another form to show this value but when I try setting the control source using the lookup function,the control name is not there,just the label name is! I even go ahead and set it to what I know the actual control is and all I get is a #name ? error on the field.
    =[Forms]![Customers]![Matl %] is the label's name but the actual control source is:
    =[Forms]![Customers]![Material Markup]

What Gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Burrina View Post
    I have a control on my form named Markup Markup (labeled Mat %)
    =[Forms]![Customers]![Matl %] is the label's name...
    ... but the actual control source is:
    =[Forms]![Customers]![Material Markup]
    There's a few things wrong with what you're saying here...

1) You said the control is named Markup Markup, and then state: '=[Forms]![Customers]![Matl %] is the label's name', which contradicts yourself.
    2) You say: '=[Forms]![Customers]![Material Markup]' when you said that your control name is: 'Markup Markup'

This leads me to believe that you're a little confused over the difference between a controls name and a controls label (or 'caption'). The name is the one you wish to reference, the name being the top option in the preferences window for that control.

I would also not use two words for a control name, as I'm not sure Access likes this, and could be why you're encountering issues. I would rename the control 'markupMarkup' or 'Material Markup' (as you gave it two different names in your original post).
    Looking for the perfect beer...