Unanswered: Why is Access changing my table field data?

I have an employees & courses table which is basically the employee name, which course they took, course ID and year.

For the employee name field, I have it as a drop down box so you can chose an employee from the drop down. Now , this table is ALSO linked to the employees & Courses form, which has the drop down box as well. So, when I click on an employee from the drop down in the form, it shows their data etc etc. but then on the table, for example : Joe Smith did Course 1, it will show he did NOT do course 1, and in fact he did Course 2 . Access is switching the names around so one person that didnt do a course is now doing the course when their name gets selected in the drop down box on the form. HELP

Provided Answers: 19
    A Combobox used to retrieve Records should be Unbound, but it sounds as if it is Bound to the underlying Table.

In Form Design View, select the Combobox then go to Properties - Data and see if there is anything in the Control Source Property. If so, delete it.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Thanks Ling

The only thing is that when I click on an employee in the combo box, ( with the Control Source Property data deleted), the data in the subforms do not show as per the employee now( their grade, course they took, etc ).

Provided Answers: 59
    so now you need to put some code behind the combo to tell Access what you want to do with the selected value
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

got it, thanks a bunch!!