Intermittent connection issues to Oracle 11g

Hi!

I have some intermittent conneciton issues to an Oracle database. Every 15-20 minutes or so, I get disconnected from the database, and I have to reconnect.

I am connecting to the DB over a VPN connection running between a Sonicwall router and a Cisco VPN concentrator.

It used to work fine, but when we changed office locations and set up the connection again, we immediately began experiencing these connection issues.

I am running Toad for Oracle v10.6.1.3 using Instant Client 11.2.0.1.0 on Windows 7 x64 - Have also tried Aqua Data studio with the integrated oci client, and that gives the same intermittent connection issues.

I am also running a lot of remote desktop connections over the same VPNs, and there are no issues whatsoever with those, so it only applies to the Oracle connection.

The server is running the latest Oracle 11g Enterprise x64 edition on Windows Server 2008 x64 Standard.

Any tips? I talked to our network guy, but he couldn't figure out why it was happening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails toad_error.png  

Is there a setting within the VPN s/w that forces a disconnect if no activity is recorded?
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.