Exclamation Unanswered: license limit of 4096 MB

Hi Folks,

I have recently joined a new organization as an IT administrator, although, dealing with DB was not in my JD but I have to do it now somehow.

They have a SQL Server 2008 over here which has 0MB free space left. I have tried shrinking the database but still.....

It has a lincense limitation error of 4GB. When i try to increase the size of files in database, gets some error like...

database size would exceed your licensed limit of 4096 MB

Can someone please help on this ? they have already utilized a full space of 4096MB. what I have to do now to increase its size.

Cheers,
    Farhan Sh.

Provided Answers: 2
    Its a license limitation.
    Florin Aparaschivei
    DB2 9.7, 10.5 on Windows
    Iasi, Romania

Provided Answers: 11
    You will need to upgrade from SQL Express to probably SQL Server standard edition. Have a talk with your software distributor, or Microsoft account rep.

This might be a bit late, but you can probably get away with upgrading to MS SQL Server Express 2008 R2, which allows databases up to 10GB in size. Workgroup Edition would probably do the trick for you too and be a good bit cheaper than Standard Edition.
    drew
    ------------------
    http://wjtechnologies.com

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    This might be a bit late, but you can probably get away with upgrading to MS SQL Server Express 2008 R2, which allows databases up to 10GB in size. Workgroup Edition would probably do the trick for you too and be a good bit cheaper than Standard Edition.
    Thanks for your kind reply DREW. I have upgraded my SQL to SQL Server 2008 R2 EE. it solved the problem. thanks by the way.