Unanswered: Copying table and associated Attachments

Having an issue with appending records to a new table that mirrors the parent. I have compiled an append query for all fields including an attachment field. The issue is this: I receive an error with respect to moving the attachment records over to the new DB.

The NEW table will be my archive table.

Can someone point me to some code or procedure that will allow me to copy the selected records (older than a specific date) and carry over the attachment files associated with each record. I do see a record storage path in the properties of the Attachment field.

Thanks in advance,

PS: My proverbial neck is on the line, so any assistance is greatly appreciated.

One further note: MS ACCESS 2007

Maybe you could be more specific by showing us the query you are using and the exact error message you are getting.

Copying Table and Associated Records

I created a duplicate table of the production db.

I created an append query with the source being the prod table. The message as I recall it and admittedly I should have taken a screen shot was that Access was unable to copy the records that contain multi-values (which is the properites of an attachment type field)

In short, I created a mirror of production and used an append query to move / copy records.

Does this help? Thanks advance and for getting back with me.
    Jim

Provided Answers: 14
    As I never use multi-values data types (they violate the cardinal principles of a relational database: normal forms, etc.), I cannot actually help you. However you should have a look at: Using multivalued fields in queries - Access - Office.com, maybe you'll find a solution there.
    Have a nice day!