Unanswered: identify missing records in Crystal 10 report

I am trying to identify employees who have not submitting a timesheet. A timesheet is required each week. I am not sure how to join the tables so the employee who has not submitted a timesheet will have a blank field where there should be a timesheet number.

So, if the controller enters in the current date parameters of the pay period, the list would show that John Smith's timesheet is submitted where Jane Doe's timesheet is missing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Use a left join. Those employees that did not submit a timesheet will have blank fields on the timesheet fields.

If you need detail information on how to implement the above:
    1. Post your tables and columns
    2. Post your crystal report

I did a left outer join. Unfortunately it doesn't give me what I need. Timesheets are submitted weekly. So I get a timesheet for each employee.

It is date specific. When I add a date parameter, I then only get the employees that have timesheets for that period.

The employee record tracks the next timesheet start date after a timesheet has been completed. I'm thinking I should use that field some how, just not sure how or where.

I do not know how to copy the tables to post.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaK View Post
    When I add a date parameter, I then only get the employees that have timesheets for that period.

If you get only the employees that have timesheets for that period, then you are not using a left join.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaK View Post
    I'm thinking I should use that field some how, just not sure how or where.

It will be harder for others to figure out how or where when there is no report to look at, at least you have a report to look at. Post your crystal report if you genuinely need help.